Thursday, August 30, 2007

After nearly five weeks of normal bowel movements while in the UK (now that’s what I call a holiday) Gill was the first to return to normal Ethiopian service, followed by me yesterday. I might have Giardia so our first stool test since our return is probabaly iminent.

Our spirits continue to see-saw, not helped by having bugs. The near-continuous rain yesterday didn’t help either and we both realised that we are suffering from homesickness. Today is hot and sunny and my mood has lifted as well. I’ve managed to get Mulugeta busy on preparing a new noticeboard for the cluster unit and he’s also busy sorting out Science Kit training for the college for the next two days.

Debbie (Canadian IT volunteer) left today. She is spending a few weeks in Awassa before going home. Although we don’t have our futures in the UK anywhere near sorted yet, I’m envious of her. Feeding our West Wing addiction probably hasn’t helped either. I just can’t remember watching a TV drama that is so completely absorbing. After only two weeks or so back here we have finished series 3 and are half way through series 4.