Monday, June 25, 2007

I might be fortunate enough to be part of making a difference to the lives of people who are the most disadvantaged, but it can also be very tedious at times. One of my colleagues wasn't in college this morning while my other colleague pointed out we could finally deliver a pile of certificates to schools for teachers who have attended our training. During the run to town it poured with rain. Gill and I had been for a run, in the rain, this morning and enjoyed the soaking. Getting soaked again while delivering certificates to schools was no joke. During the afternoon both my colleagues were missing. There really isn't much point doing things without them so today has felt like a waste of time. I spent a chunk of the afternoon drawing a map of Gondar using Powerpoint. A great morning run followed by a slow and tedious day. I'm really looking forward to being in the UK for a break now. We head home on July 12. The thought of walking in a familiar environment and being invisible on the streets is just so appealing.