Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We’ve been back from the UK for only two weeks, supposedly refreshed and recharged to give what we can. I feel like moaning. We always knew that the second half of the summer would be slow, but I’m starting to climb the walls already. Mulugeta occasionally pops his head into the office to ask what he wants me to do. All this does is wind me up partly because I don’t know what he should do as it’s too early to prep for school training, and I’m still waiting to find out who in the college we are supposed to work with. What really winds me up is that he even asks the question. Right now I don’t know what he should do, I’m not in charge and what about making some constructive suggestions yourself? What I find hard is having no demand made on me. I end up wallowing in a feeling of purposelessness which leads me to feeling passive and then completely fed up. There are times when I feel angry about the appalling state of almost everything here and I feel an urge to try and do something about it. My anger has deserted me for the time being and I just want to go home. I feel more interest in playing a part in my own society at the moment than I do in this one. In a couple of weeks or so we’ll start gearing up to work intensively with schools and that will be good. I’ve just got to hang in there until then.