Monday, April 02, 2007


Something has really shifted for me these last few days. Maybe it’s temporary, but I’ve felt a drive and commitment today that I haven’t felt for a while. Working directly with the teachers on Friday and Saturday and feeling that I really can do something with these people, that they can get better at what they do has lifted me spiritually today. I’ve managed to deal with a long list of small jobs, spent some time talking productively with Mulugeta and Meleshew about how we support 1st cycle schools, and also spent an hour with Hiwot evaluating the training and how we can improve it. After four months of feeling like I’m fumbling around in the darkness I’ve suddenly caught a glimmer of light and realized I may be in a tunnel that is actually going somewhere useful.