Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I have a placement at last! VSO confirmed this afternoon that the Ministry of Education had agreed to a second vol being posted to Debub College. Bless their bureaucratic souls! So I will now offically be a Higher Diploma Leader starting asap. The college are pleased and everyone is happy. VSO have taken a slight financial hit but since they are ultimately responsible for the fiasco in the first place, that's too bad. The important thing is that I will be doing a worthwhile placement at an institution that has a real need. Mentally gearing back up to work mode will be difficult, but I could be training teacher educators as soon as next week so the demand and injection of adrenalin will be welcome.

I also feel better today. Perhaps my own veggie curry on Sunday was to blame (surely not MY cooking...).